From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from CVI 2009 to CVI 2010

Well that was my last resort. That's a lot of work, this is a rather large project, and I just can't believe one would have to go through all that just because they updated the CVI version.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,394 Views)

OK finally figure it out. Can't believe the CVI guys, that wrote the compiler, don't know this but the issue was with defines that are entered under the Configuration Options. Under 'Options\Build Options\Compiler Defines'. In 2009 one entered multiple defines seperated with a comma then a space, but in CVI 2010 the seperation was ONLY with a space. So in my 2009 project I had defines as "/DWIN32_LEAND_AND_MEAN, /DMY_DEFINE". Thusly the 2010 compiler was complaining that the ',' was the first character in each .c file. Taking out the ',' as in "/DWIN32_LEAND_AND_MEAN /DMY_DEFINE" fixed everthing.

Glad I didn't 'make a new project and add the files in one by one'. That would have been another day or two, fiddeling with libs, instrument files, project settings and etc.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,386 Views)

Hello atomic928,

Nice job figguring out the problem! I will ensure that this issue is documented.

As a note, I think you can select multiple files to add to a project, so that job wouldn't have been that hard.

Best regards and thank you for your input,

= Nelu F. || National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,380 Views)

Hello atomic928,

I have opened a bug report (id #447402) to cover this issue.

Best regards,

= Nelu F. || National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,355 Views)