LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot (strip chart) non-uniform data interval on x-axis in absolute time

Is there a way to plot on a strip chart non-uniform data interval? I have to plot data points where the time intervals between them are not the same. I try update every data point with ATTR_XAXIS_OFFSET and ATTR_XAXIS_GAIN but it did not work for me. I have to plot data at offset 0, 1, 2,3 then 20, 21,22...

Thanks,

PP_Software

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,524 Views)

The paradigm of the strip chart is that data arrive at uniform pace and is plotted: there is no way to override this.

A workaround is to plot NaN when you don't have actual data to plot: see the attached stripchart example that I modified this way. During plotting, "Null trace 2" checkbox will determine whether data on trace 2 is plotted or not: if checked NaN overrides data with the result of plotting anything.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,493 Views)

Ok, I was able to make this works but it was ugly: I have to plot every gain interval to smooth out the line connected between two valid data points. In my case, the gain is one second and if the data interval between two points is 5 seconds then I have to plot 3 "fake" point in between these two points. Loke I mentioned, it is ugly but it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,452 Views)