From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please update omp_cvi_internal.h

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

when compiling with extended warning level I receive the following messages resulting from files provided with CVI: 

"omp_cvi_internal.h"(71,26)    warning: function declaration isn't a prototype.

"omp_cvi_internal.h"(72,26)    warning: function declaration isn't a prototype.

"omp_cvi_internal.h"(94,35)    warning: function declaration isn't a prototype.

"winnt.h"(8780,19)    warning: cast from function call of type 'LONG64' (aka 'long long') to non-matching type 'PVOID' (aka 'void *')

"winnt.h"(8791,19)    warning: cast from function call of type 'LONG64' (aka 'long long') to non-matching type 'PVOID' (aka 'void *')

"winnt.h"(8802,19)    warning: cast from function call of type 'LONG64' (aka 'long long') to non-matching type 'PVOID' (aka 'void *')

I suggest to update the two include files accordingly 😉

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,882 Views)

Hi Wolfgang,

which CVI version do you use?

Best,

Melanie

Best regards,
Melanie Eisfeld
Senior Applications Engineer, National Instruments Germany
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,640 Views)

Hi Melanie,

the new CVI2015 - sorry for not mentioning it in my post.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,638 Views)

Hello Wolfgang!

Thank you for providing feedback for LabWindows/CVI 2015.

I have filed Corrective Action Request #543006 to address this inconvenience!

Best regards!

- Johannes

Message 4 of 9
(5,615 Views)

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,611 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wolfgang

Hi All,

This issue has been addressed by the LabWindows/CVI 2015 f1 patch. Information on bug fixes in this patch can be found here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E2DAF5E18C487A8886257F7D006353EA . The patch is available via NI Update Service or as a download linked from the KB.

Thanks,

Daniel Dorroh
National Instruments
Message 6 of 9
(4,743 Views)

Ah, that's good news, thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,741 Views)

@D-Cubed wrote:

Hi All,

This issue has been addressed by the LabWindows/CVI 2015 f1 patch. Information on bug fixes in this patch can be found here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E2DAF5E18C487A8886257F7D006353EA . The patch is available via NI Update Service or as a download linked from the KB.

Thanks,

I have to add, unfortunately, that this issue only refers to omp_cvi_internal.h, winnt.h is still waiting for a fix...

"winnt.h"(8780,19) warning: cast from function call of type 'LONG64' (aka 'long long') to non-matching type 'PVOID' (aka 'void *') [-Wbad-function-cast]

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,713 Views)

since the title of this message has been addressed the remaining part of my contribution is reposted here

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,671 Views)