LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please inform for LabWindows/CVI certification exam

What Exam Duration, Style of exam and Passing grade have LabWindows/CVI certification exam

Best regards 

Artyom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,117 Views)

The only certification available at present on CVI is CCVID: Certificate CVI Developer.

The exam is normally a 4-hour time in which you have to answer a questionnaire and write a little application base on specifications you receive in the exam day. Questionnaire will mainly cover part of the Programmer Reference Guide.

With reference to coding, you are required to write the app complete with technical documentation; you may be required also to write a small user guide for the application. The development will not imply any additional library or toolkit other than CVI core (no DAQ, no VISA, no communications...).

Questionaire and code are assessed independently and the final result is the sum of both.

That is: you must be fast! Smiley Wink It will help if you acquired in your activity a consistent coding style, since this will be evident in the code you develop.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Thank you, and how is Passing grade?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,107 Views)

I seem to remember that you must be over 80%, but while it is easy to detect correct answers to questionnnaire, evaluating code style and quality is not as simple.

Nevertheless, 80% is a high level goal.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Thank you  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,098 Views)

I believe the old CCVID had a programming section, although the test has since changed and is currently just a one hour multiple choice exam.  Your best resource will be this link:

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/13430

Michael Keane
National Instruments
Message 6 of 6
(4,073 Views)