cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Path control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

today I have tried using the path control from the toolslib library. I have tried both using the UI editor to add a path control to an existing user interface by selecting Create»Custom Controls»Toolslib Controls»Path Control and also programmatically using an existing string control and then adding the  function NewPathCtrl to my code.

Running the program however was somehow disappointing. I was expecting that as I type in the path control the control displays matching files and directories in a drop-down list box, as described in the help. However, I did not experience this functionality... (I am using CVI2012 SP1) What did I miss? I was searching for an example but couldn't find one, so I decided to ask here...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,705 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Wolfgang

Wolfgang ha scritto:

...I was expecting that as I type in the path control the control displays matching files and directories in a drop-down list box, as described in the help. However, I did not experience this functionality... (I am using CVI2012 SP1) What did I miss? I was searching for an example but couldn't find one, so I decided to ask here...

Thanks!

Hello Wolfgang,

this is actually what the control does: as long as you type in the control and add a backslash, there appears a drop-down list with child items, where you can select one offthem using the arrow keys and proceed with another backslach to explore the next level.

Can you run the example located in samples\userint\custctrl\pathctrl\simple.prj?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

@Roberto:

Thanks a lot, may be I should have had a coffee first... I did use the example finder but didn't see the example, thanks for pointing me to it!

@NI: Besides the example finder I also used the online help (http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370051V-01/toolslib/functionreference/cvinewpathctrl/) which turns out to be incomplete... The help provided with CVI also mentions the examples while the online help does not...

@everyone else: the help is a bit incomplete: one actually has to enter an absolute path name, such as C:\Documents and Settings\Wolfgang\My Documents\

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,697 Views)

Hi, 

I have a problem with an append path from the "build path" function.

Built the path, it enter in "list folder" function but does not pass through the tunnel of the for loop.

Instead, if I wire a path controll to the "list folder", the path pass through the tunnel and the vi run as it should.

I attach the image of my VI so you understand better.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,595 Views)

Please... Help me!!! 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,592 Views)

Did you expect an answer within three minutes? Smiley Wink 

In any case, it may be more appropriate to ask this question in the LabVIEW forum

... continues here

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,589 Views)