LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROCESS_HAS_LOCKED_PAGES crash CVI5.0.1 win2000

I am having the same problem
I use CVI 5.0.1 on win2K , MIO16E4 , NIDAQ v 6.9.2 .
tried re-installing with no difference .
Quick description : Two progs running DDE Comms interacting , error occurs only when one is running under CVI and is instructed to quit the error occurs .
It doesn't occur on all machines but on the ones it does it is consistent.

Once We got DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO_ZERO

Anything else we can try ?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,772 Views)
Hello

Were you able to narrow the problem down to which of the two proragms was causing the problems? What are those programs using. The problems you are seeing would probably be occuring because of something wrong happening in kernel mode. And using DDE should not be doing anything in kernel mode.
If you can provide some more information about what you are doing, perhaps I can help.
Does the same thing also happen if you use the new nidaq 6.93 driver?

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,772 Views)
In one application I am sampling 6 channels and cycling through data looking for transients etc.
In the other application I am controlling sequence through an ASI card .
The second app is not important for the case since the fault occurs on the testing program(ie the first one) even if running alone.

Tother things I'm doing are: communicating on RS232 , storing and reading on a network drive , loading and saving various ini files , and handling quite a few (more than 30 Screens in 2 UIR files)

(I'm downloading 6.9.3 now but it's taking quite long)

Thanks for your time .
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,772 Views)
Hello

Are you able to run any of the CVI daq examples without having this problem or is it just related to that your program is doing? What kind of data aquisition card are you using? I have seen blue screens occur if someone pauses their program in the middle of a double buffered event operation (like using a breakpoint). It might help to narrow the problem down to which process is causing the problem, sounds like quite a few things are going on.

Did the newer nidaq help?

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,772 Views)
Re-installing NIDAQ did not change anything but re-intstalling the whole o/s stabilized part of the problem (i.e. one of the blue screens)

As far as sampes go ,yes the ones I tried seem to work well.
I'm not using double buffering.
Actually I discovered that (i don't know exactly how to explain it !) Two programs running , one is called with launchexecutable from the other (e.g. prog A runs prog B) now Prog B crashes because of something in Prog A . I re- wrote the minimum code of the calling program and the problem did not occur it's like the problem in B is caused from A .

A has access to a DIO module and B to a DAQ , didn't try with the DIO initialization yet to check if it crashes when that has been added .

Anything comes to
mind?
This combination has been tried on other systems with similar not all yielded similar results.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,772 Views)
MagiQUARK,

I am new to this thread and the information posted so far is a bit confusing. It looks like some things have been fixed by installing NI-DAQ on a clean system and that not all systems you tested the application on behaved the same way. Would you mind writing a brief summary describing your application, the current state of things and the hardware/software you are using?

Thanks,

Alejandro Asenjo
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,772 Views)