From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oscilloscope development with NI USB 6001

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Im planning to develop a virtual oscillpocope using Labwindows/CVI for my university project. I was wondering if its necesary to use CVI Real Time or not? I heavent much experience with CVI and this will be my first project, so If you guys have any tips it would be great. And also is there maybe any similar project developed before that I could have a look? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,605 Views)

Hello,

You'll need Real Time modules only if you want to develop Real Time functionnalities, on a real time OS.

Start by looking for examples in labWindows/CVI and online.

Pierre-Emmanuel BELLES
Certified LabVIEW Developper
Certified TestStand Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,593 Views)

Thank you,

So as I understand I dont need the Real-time module.

But my main consern is that when I use NI-DAQmx for samling should I use continous mode or N samples?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,581 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Milhojas
Daq cards do have deep buffers. You just fetch them at predefined intervals . Use the assync timer callback function as that it is accurate to couple of ms resolution.
Message 4 of 5
(4,546 Views)

Thank you,

Thats what I did to developt my oscilloscope. Now I only have to present it to my teacher. I hope that goes well.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,020 Views)