From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open doesn't respond quickly

Hello,

I have a problem with open function. It doesn't respond en time it takes several time to open the port and I need that wasted time. In fact, in my application the paired device (Bluetooth device) should by restarted then the communication will start again (and that's where I am using open). Thinks in advance for every person who help or even try to help :smileyhappy  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,697 Views)

Hey hadjrami,

Just to make sure we're on the same page, which specific CVI function are you having trouble with? I'm not sure exactly what kind of port you're opening, or which function you're having trouble with. If you could provide that information, I can search and see what information we might have on this issue.

Also, one thing that I could see causing this problem would be if that port is in use by another application on your machine. Is it possible that this is the case, or could you have more than one instance of your CVI application running? If another application is using the port, it would cause problems for the port opening function in CVI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,674 Views)