LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OGL plot data labels?

I'm trying to plot too many points on the OGL plot to easily distinguish them by color. From what I can see, there is no facility for data labels (interactive nor static) within the OGL plot control.

Have I overlooked something?

Does anyone have any tricks to help identify numerous OGL plot points?

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,250 Views)

Hello Ian,

Maybe you could use the OGLPropertiesPopup window. In that window you can select the Plots tab and in there you can select the color and style of each particular plot. There is actually a example in the following path:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\CVI2013\samples\userint\custctrl\cviogl\ogldemo.cws

Maybe this could help you achieve what you are try to do, in terms of color identification but in terms of adding a label to each plot I haven’t seen a property to do this.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370051P-01/toolslib/functionreference/cvioglpropertiespopup/

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370051Y-01/toolslib/listofoglplotattrs/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,223 Views)

Thanks, Pedro. Given that colors alone are not enough for me, I'm still hoping for another way.

You pointing me back to that dialog helped me refine the best I can come up with: Keep an array of plot handles that I use along with another control to list all the plots. Then a user could tick a plot in the list, and based on that, I could change a property of the ticked plot (e.g. transparency, smoothness, color, etc)  This is would be a very interactive legend - perhaps too interactive for our case - but it is the best I can come up with right now.

Data labels would be ideal.  The ability to plot letters/number in that 3D space clearly exists for labelling the axes, but does not seem to be exposed.

More ideas welcome!

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,220 Views)