LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No software will be installed or removed. - Can I change this message?

Solved!
Go to solution

As it turns out, only versions 2.8 and later of the NI MetaDeployment Framework (MDF) will have the msisetup.bin/setup.exe resources compressed (as part of effort to decrease installer sizes). In earlier versions, any old resource editor will be able to read and modify those strings without a problem. It appears that both you and msaxon are dealing with versions 2.7.1 or older. Note that the MDF component is widely included with NI software/drivers, so you may discover that the next time you install/upgrade anything from NI on that machine, you may have a tougher time customizing your installer. Below are the steps you will need to take with a 2.8+ version of MDF:

1. Download the free, opensource UPX utility from here: http://upx.sourceforge.net
  2. Unzip the download and find "upx.exe"
  3. Run this command against the setup.exe/msisetup.bin file you want to modify: upx.exe -d <filename>
  4. Modify the resource strings in whatever resource editor you wish.

Mert A.

National Instruments

Message 11 of 18
(4,897 Views)

Sir,

Please find the attachment.

I am unable to install multisim circuit design suite 11.0.1.

while installing it shows the following installatin summary 

Kindly help me to solve this problem and also tell the cause for this problem....

-sricharan

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(4,348 Views)

The software is already installed. Tap the Windows key and begn to type its name ("multisim"?) and it should be listed for you.

This solution applies to any software devleoped with this platform. For further help, you should contact the developer of the "multisim" software.

[NI: Perhaps you still need to change it message 😉 ]

--Ian

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(4,335 Views)

Thanks for your reply..

But I don't have "multisim" in start menu..

I have uninstalled it and now i am trying to install it.

This time it cannot be installed..

-Sricharan

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(4,333 Views)

@prsricharan wrote:

Thanks for your reply..

But I don't have "multisim" in start menu..

I have uninstalled it and now i am trying to install it.

This time it cannot be installed..

How exactly did you unistall it? Did you reboot at the end?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(4,328 Views)

I uninstalled multisim through control panel and i deleted all the services using safe mode in my computer.I also rebooted my system after uninstalling.

Is there any separate uninstaller for multisim?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(4,326 Views)

Hello,

Please open up your Window's Control Panel and verify you have uninstalled the NI Circuit Design Suite 11.0.01. Please see the screenshot below. If it shows up in this list, then you did not actually uninstall Multisim, and perhaps you uninstalled the NI Multisim API Toolkit instead, which is separate. I believe you will have to uninstall the entire suite, which includes Ultiboard, otherwise the installer will think you still have both installed. 

uninstall.png

Matthew R.
Field Applications & Systems Engineer
National Instruments

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

Certified-TestStand-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(4,294 Views)

Thaks for your reply.

If the installed file may be deleted instead of uninstalling it from control panel what should i do to remove the file from my system?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(4,287 Views)