LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Dashboard interaction?

The NI Dashboard App works as advertised with LabView, and I can get a LabView-LabWindows-Dashboard setup to run (e.g.. the LabView-LabWindows shared variable example), but there is no way to get Dashboard to work with LabWindows/CVI stand-alone?

I haven't seen it explicitly mentioned, that Dashboard wont work with LabWindows/CVI, so I'm just probing... (and apparently nobody has asked in the forums - or I didn't find it)

If I make a CVI project with Network Shared Variables, I can monitor them in the Shared Variable Manager, but there must be a missing link to connect to them in Dashboard without LabView - (what)?

I have several LabWindows/CVI projects I would like to extend to include interaction with Dashboard, what would the easiest way be? An intermediate LabView.vi?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,533 Views)

Hi HDJ

The Data Dashboard can either communicate with Network Published Shared Variables or it can connect to a web service.

You can use 2 options where you have mentioned the first one already.

1) Publish the variables that you would like to display to a LabVIEW network published shared variable.

2) Publish the variables that you would like to display by using a web service

Second option is often also what you normly would do if you would go beyond the data dashboard and create your own mobile / tablet app that shared the values since this is build in in most programming languages.

You might find this webcast interesting

http://www.ni.com/video/2800/en/ 

I haven't tried to do it directly from CVI but if we can assume that the variables work the same way between LabVIEW and CVI the reason for them not being published on the network directly from CVI is because the LabVIEW web server is not running when you do it stand alone and thereby the variables does not get published to the network. 

Best Regards

Anders Rohde | CLD | Applications Engineer | National Instruments Denmark

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,517 Views)