LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New project coming up...

I've done several projects using LabVIEW and I've also done several using Measurement Studio and C#. I have another coming up that I want to do different.

First off I want to use Linux. Is LabWindows/CVI available for Linux?

Second, I'm either going to use the linux hardware drivers and C++ or I can use CVI. Is there an advantage to one over the other? It almost seems like CVI (ANSI C) is taking a technological step back as opposed to C++.

If I can get the interface to work correctly, I'll use NetBeans with QT for the windowing. Does anyone have any experiance with this?

Does anyone have any experience using NI hardware/software in linux? If so, what route did you take?

At this point I just want to use Linux. I still may end up using Windows. But if I do I still want to use C++ (or C if I have to).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,932 Views)
Hi,

We do not offer the LabWindows/CVI development system for Linux. You can, however, deploy a CVI application to a Linux machine that has the CVI Run-Time Engine. We do have drivers for Linux but they are more robust in Windows, and it also depends on the hardware you are using. Also, only certain types of Linux are supported with our products. Those are Red hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE, and Scientific Linux. Here is a white paper that lists the CVI OS Support Roadmap.
Jason H
Automated Test Software R&D
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,872 Views)