From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need example code to use" LStrHandleArray" type structure

I have created a LabVIEW VI to perform sorting on a 1 Dimensional string arry . The only Input\Output of the function is a string array. Once the function is converted to DLL to be accessed from  CVI, I found that the string is declared as structure with double pointer to access the array content. I am in need of example code as I am not well versed with such complex C structure. Attaching the Lib, Header and DLL files here.

A simple example to initialise and display my string array using the function named "Test(LStrHandleArray *StringArrayIn, LStrHandleArray *StringArrayOut); " will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Manu Mohan

C.L.A

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,862 Views)

Hi Manu,

I found an example that I think should help you use your DLL here: http://www.ni.com/example/29119/en/. The example is from an older version of LabVIEW, so the type used is called TD1Hdl, however it looks to follow the same data structure as LStrArrayHandle so this should work as a starting point.

-Kevin

Message 2 of 2
(3,832 Views)