LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a help on ITC503!

I am trying to connect ITC503 �Intelligent???� temperature controller.
It is expecting an End-of-String (EOS) character, and the carriage-return is the EOS character. I don�t have any manual, but I am peaty sure that I have set correct correctly set the EOS character to carriage return in the GPIB ibdev function, or at list I made a lot of efforts to initialise correctly the GPIB interface. Any way I cannot connect at all to device, and when I use the LabView drivers Its works without problems. But I need to use LabWindows instead the LV. I need a code on ibdev function to correctly initialse the GPIB interface. It seems that the ITC503 is not a standard GPIB device. I am seriously in doubt whether the ITC should really called so, and not only T
C!
Please Help!

Regards,

Nikolai
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,101 Views)
Hi,

When you configure the interface for a specific termination character, you're only telling the board to respond to that character. This character is not automatically sent to the instrument after each write. In you case, you would need to terminate each command with the carriage return (termination character).

When you mention LabVIEW drivers, do you mean the NI-488.2 VIs or a instrument driver for your instrument. I couldn't find an instrument driver for this instrument.

hope this helps

DiegoF.
National Instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,101 Views)
Hi Diego,
Thanks, exactly this was the problem, and I found this with a lot of experiments instead to read the help on GPIB. I should think about my intelligence?! 🙂

There are LabView drivers for all Oxford Instruments but they are hidden on this site:

http://www.oiri.com/LV5drv/lv5drv.htm

Best Regards,
Nikolai
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,101 Views)