From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NIDAQmx_NewPhysChanAOCtrl

I have just received an USB-6008 and saw this function used in a NI example, but can not find a function description anywhere on the included CD or this site or using Google.  Can anyone provide that?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,412 Views)

Hello,

> You can find this function prototype in "daqmxioctrl.h" header file, so I guess that the NI example you are talking about includes this file at the beginning ---> #include "daqmxioctrl.h"

> This function description is :

This function creates a new DAQmx IO control for selecting analog output channels.

An existing String Control ID must be passed to this function.

Prototype :

int NIDAQmx_NewChannelAOCtrl (int Panel_Handle, int Control_Handle, int Allow_multiple_selection);

> If you need to see this function description, you can :

1) load the corresponding instrument in CVI

load instrument.png

2) Navigate through the navigator to the instrument directory

load instrument path.png

3) Select the instrument -> It appears in CVI

instrument function list.png

4) Right-click on the function to display its menu and then, select "Function Help..."

function description.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,384 Views)

Oups sorry, I described NIDAQmx_NewChanAOCtrl function instead of NIDAQmx_NewPhysChanAOCtrl function...But now you know how to get the information you are looking for ! 😉

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,382 Views)

This instruction pertains to the NIDAQmx I/O Controls instrument, which is probably loaded into the Instrument menu by the example project. It is not part of DAQmx driver, it's a supplementary instrument that facilitates the creation of user interfaces.

The instrument is located in <National Instrument folder>\Shared\CVI\toolslib\custctrl folder.

As described in the help,

This instrument contains functions for creating DAQmx IO controls.

A DAQmx IO control provides a convenient means for selecting DAQmx tasks, channels, scales, devices, terminals, switches and relays. The control offers access to the current DAQmx system configuration through a drop down menu and dialog, or you can enter your own configuration in the string portion of the control.

A DAQmx IO control is created from an existing string control.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(4,378 Views)