LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQ documentation

If my post is in the wrong section, I apologize.

(For reference - I am writing code in ANSI C.)

NI-DAQ, V6.x came with a PDF file that did a fairly good job of describing the fuctionality of the NI-DAQ software. The new version seems to only include a help file that provides all of the specifics of the various functions, but very little by way of an overview.

Question: Are there any other documents that provide an overview of the V7.0 programming model?

Slightly off topic: I see that there is VB.NET support for Measurement Studio. Is there support for the core API under VB.NET or is it only supported under ANSI C?

Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,655 Views)
Hello

I believe the help file found under Start >> Programs >> National Instruments >> NI-DAQ >> NI-DAQmx Help gives a nice overview of the programming model. There are also tons of examples available that demonstrate how to setup the basic functionality for the data acquisition device.

There is a native .NET DAQmx API available for use with C# and VB.NET. You dont need to have Measurement Studio for using this api, just make sure to install support for the .NET languages when running the installer for the driver cd. The help for the .NET api is integrated with the Visual Studio environment itself.

So DAQmx can be used with LabVIEW 7.1, Visual Studio .NET 2003 (7.1), Visual C++ 7.1 ( requires Measurement Studio 7.0 ), CVI 7.0 and ANSI C.

Check out the
NI-DAQ readme for more information.

I hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,655 Views)
Bilal,

Thanks for your answer - the help file is exactly that for which I was looking. Would you please be so kind as to answer this follow-up question:

How can I verify that the .NET support was properly installed? I am currently running Visual Studio .NET 2002 (but will be upgrading shortly).

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,655 Views)