LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mysql database connection with Labwindows/CVI 2009 sql toolkit

Dear experienced users,

I am using the following software/hardware:

• Windows 7/ Mysql database 5.6.15 64-bit with MySql ODBC 5.2 Ansi driver installed
  • Labwindows/CVI 2009 with sql toolkit
  • The user DSN of ODBC Data source administrator have been confiugred to one of mysql database. The test MYSQL Connector/ODBC is succesful.
  • The Labwindows/CVI build setting is configure to debug64 after trying debug (32)
  • The source code is from the example readtab.c with changes to the dsn I am testing

hdbc = DBConnect ("DSN=dvd_collection");   

The error message I have is confusing me.

(it is in the attachd png)

I thought it was due to the 64 bit mysql database. That's why I tried the 64 bit build from Labwiondws/CVI. I alsow tried Labview DB tools open connect.vi. It shows me the same error.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jimmy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,509 Views)

Jimmy

I always use connection strings of the form "DSN=datasourcename;UID=database_user_id; PWD=database_user_password".

Where:

datasourcename = The name of the connection defined in the ODBC connection.

database_user_id = One of the user identities created by the database administrator. Obviously the administrator will lock down the permissions appropriate to the task in hand.

database_user_password = The password that identifies database_user_id, again set by the database administrator.

Note that while it is obviously desireable to lock the permissions down as far as possible on the MySQL server, the more you do so, the slower the database will run, because of the way mySQL searches the permissions tables.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,483 Views)

hi, Steve

I tried as your suggested. Yet the same error message pops out. I don't think it is a connection issue.

The same code works if I use Access database provided by the example code. No issues at all.

thanks,

Jimmy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,443 Views)