LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My register level programming requires deviceID of NI 6014

I am using a multifunction DAQ card (NI 6013/6014) of NI. I am working on NI CVI 5.0.1 on win 3.11 OS.
NI doesn't provide the drivers for NI 6013/6014 card in win3.11 OS. So, i am trying to write the drivers for the card using register level programming.
For this i require the deviceId and vendorID for NI 6014 card.
Kindly let me also know if u get some procedure for obtaining base address of card through programming.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,666 Views)
You really won't be able to effectively write a driver for this board in CVI since it doesn't have libraries for driver development and can't compile device drivers (sys and vxd files). All you will be able to do is some primitive I/O to the registers of the board with inp and outp functions.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,666 Views)
Dear Chris,
Thanks for the answer. I will still need your further help. As per my discussions with NI persons, one can access the register of PCI card. I am having register map of PCI E-series board. I confirmed with NI India persons that the same register map will be for NI 6014. Pls comment on this.
Also, if i want to access(read or write) registers of NI 6014, then i should have base address of NI 6014. Kindly let me know if there is any process of obtaining base address of NI 6014 by programming in CVI without NI DAQ.
Else, is NI is providing drivers for NI 6014 in win3.11 OS(as it is for Win9x through NI DAQ).
regards,
Amit Kumar.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,666 Views)