From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing compiler error output

Solved!
Go to solution

Hopefully this is a simple one:

When I compile a program and there are errors and/or warning, the Build Output window opens, but the error messages are not listed!  All it shows is:

Build Status (MyProject.prj - Debug)
   MyModule.c
Build failed.

If I click on the "Compile" button 4 or 5 times in a row, finally the list of errors will appear.  I can't seem to figure out any logic to when the error list appears or fails, but half a dozen retries eventually gets it there.  I've checked all of the compiler settings, and the appropriate warnings are turned on, etc.  What am I missing???

I'm using Version 13.0.0 (632)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,392 Views)

Hello Rallyr,

Are you building a project found on a mapped network drive? If so, this post might be of help. If not, could you provide us the details of the project? What configuration are you using? Are you using precompiled headers? 

Maybe you could attach a project that reproduces the behavior?

Best regards,

Nelu F. || National Instruments.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,382 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rallyr

YES!  I am compiling on a network drive.  I've moved the project onto the local hard drive and, poof, it seems to work correctly now.  I'll know for sure after working with it for the day, but I've deliberately introduced warning and error conditions, and it correctly reported them.

Thank you!

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,362 Views)