LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Installer Server 2012

Hello, we have an error with an old installation kit made with LabWindows/CVI 8.5 when one of our customer tries to install this software in Windows Server 2012.
The error seems linked to the Microsoft Installer version 3.1 required in this installation kit (I have asked for the error image capture, to be checked later).
Could you please help us to understand what is the exact problem ? (this minimum version required should be full backwards compatible with new ones, or ?).
In any cases what are our options to solve this situation ?
Thanks and kind regards,

Franck Dubreuil

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,870 Views)

Please find attached the error message, talking about a specified file not found : [MsiEngin] WinNTPath = supportfiles\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe

Does it mean that the error is due to a patch not present in the customer machine ?
How could we solve this ? Can we change the path after [MsiEngine] ?

Thanks for your help,

Franck Dubreuil

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,864 Views)

Hi Franck,

I believe you will find the answer to your issue in the links bellow. Altough this may very well solve it, you should also be aware that older versions of NI Software like the 8.5 version of CVI you are using do not offically support Windows server 2012 .( Are National Instruments Products Compatible with Windows Server? ) To have a version of CVI that does, you may consider migrating to the newest one (CVI 2013 SP2 ReadMe).

>> Why Do I Get a Developer Error When Running a National Instruments Installer?

>> Error 11006 - LabVIEW 2009 install fails, Windows 7

>> Problem with a Simple LabVIEW Installer using the Nullsoft Install System (NSIS)

I hope it helps,

Have a nice day,

M-Junior

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,846 Views)

Thanks for your answer and also for the fast reaction !

Of course it helps because the "specified file not found" is correctly present in the "supportfiles" folder of our installation kit.
So the error message that says the specified file is not found is really not clear for us.

We already have installed this software in 3 different customer machines running Windows Server 2008 R2, same installation kit.

That's why we can not immediately agree with the Microsoft Installer version 3.1 explanation.

I have asked our customer to check if he has correctly copied all the installation package including this folder "supportfiles",

and we wait for this last check.

Thanks for your help,

Franck

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,843 Views)

Marc-junior,

Thanks for the readme link on CVI 2013 SP2 . All other supported system references I can find (e.g. here) for CVI 2013 omit any reference to Windows Server 2012 but it *is* listed as supported (for R2) on that readme.  Perhaps some updates are needed?

--Ian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,555 Views)