LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microcontroller socket programming with CVIwindows

Hello,

I am working on a project where a computer with CVIwindows GUI will be a server and my clients will be DS80C410 networked microcontrollers which has an inbuilt ethernet stack. The comm protocol will be TCP using socket programming. How do I develop socket programming on CVI to get the communication between microcontroller and CVI server?

Regards,

SR

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,143 Views)

Here is an article I've found about socket programming in CVI. I hope this can get you started. (Most relevant section of article is toward the bottom)

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3067#toc9

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,120 Views)

Hello James,

Thank you for your reply. I read the GetHostTCPSocketHandle() but not sure how will this work with our microcontroller. If you have any example code or any documentation it would help us a lot and I can purchase CVI for our development. Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Sandeep.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,112 Views)

I've attached an example c file for a multiclient TCP server from the shipping examples of CVI. CVI includes a TCP and a UDP library and you can add expanded functionality using the subroutine you mentioned. There's also some basic information on TCP programming in CVI in that document I linked in my first response.

Also you can get a 30 day trial of CVI here:

http://digital.ni.com/src.nsf/websearch/70C455BB6564DEC986257880005141F8?OpenDocument&node=node=2030...

I hope this answers your questions.

Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,086 Views)

Thanks James. I have understood the multiclient server example shipped with CVI. I will try to write the application and will let you know how that works out.

Regards,

Sandeep.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,082 Views)

Try zeroMQ.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,548 Views)