From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Panel Display Problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I sort of addressed this in another post but not directly and got no responses.  So let me try a very direct question.  I've created an app which has no title bar and no menu bar.  The background color has been chosen by my client and is not white.  When I run the app, I get a white bar across the top as shown in the picture.  I've made all the colors in the main panel the same as the background color, and I've turned off all the show/hide parts that are in the main panel.

Is there a way to get rid of the white bar?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,308 Views)

I cannot see this effect on my machine (CVI2015SP1 on Win7ProSP1 with Standard Theme) both with full screen app and windowed panel. When windowed I can see the full panel frame, when full-screen I have no element besides the solid blue background.

In the hypothesis that the theme used can matter, I also tried with different themes (Windows7 standard, Windows classic and some high contrast one) but was never able to see the white bar.

I am attaching a sample program of mine (actually the one I prepared for this thread) modified for this test for you to try.

Is your scenario different from mine?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,297 Views)

Hi Robert,

Sorry, I don't get the same thing with your app.  I've attached a picture.  First is your unmodified app.  Second is with the title bar turned off, and the pesky white bar across the top showing.

And also sorry, I'm using CVI 2013 on Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,288 Views)

Ha! I forgot to attach the modified project and you forgot to attach the screenshot! Smiley Wink

I just tested on CVI2015 on Win10Pro and I was able to see the upper bar; however, I noted that the bar permits to reshape the panel (vertical sizing only) so I tried unchecking the "Sizable" option in advanced panel settings ("Other attributes..." button) and the bar disappeared. You won't be able to size the panel with mouse, though.

(3,281 Views)

Funny.  Yes, I forgot.

Yes, making it not sizable gets rid of the white bar.

I'll have to see if there's a way to do this without making it sizable.

Thanks Robert.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,279 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author d.

Tested also with CVI2013 and 2012 with the same results, so it appears that Win10 operates differently than previous systems in this respect.

(3,278 Views)

Yeah, lots of things about Windows 10 I don't like.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,273 Views)