LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for 9184/9263/9215 examples

Solved!
Go to solution

Well, looks like I'm swamping the forum tonight.

I've never used NiDAQmx before, so I'm looking for sample codes in CVI for a cDAQ-9184 with an AO 9263 module and an AI 9215 module. I imagine there are sample code for compatible hardware with different names but after a cursory search using [Help][NI Example Finder] I couldn't come up with anything.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,076 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gdargaud

The chassis 9184 has no specific software.

If you add the 9215 to the lost of hardware select it and check "Limit resusts to hardware", next search for "analog" you'll find a series of examples that can be run on the module. The same applies for the AO module you have.

Screenshot 2015-03-10 08.33.53.png

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(5,062 Views)

Hi,

I think that examples in "Hardware input and output\DAQmx\" should work with any card(with compatible chanel type - VoltageOut,...). The examples show basic usage of Input/Output task (and chanels).

If you looking for specific configuration of NIDAQmx-task for your card, there is wizard that could help you.  It is in CVI menu: "Tools"\"Create/Edit DAQmx Task" ->"Create New task in project"

There, you can setup your task like in MAX explorer and let the CVI to generate source code for you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,059 Views)

I didn't know about the code generation option. Will try that.

Also I found examples in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Exemples\DAQmx ANSI C" but they may be the same mentionned by Roberto.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,051 Views)

Which system are you running ON?

On my Win7 machine Documents and settings folder is protected and gives access denied error! Smiley Surprised

Having said this, DAQmx samples can be located with File Explorer in Collections menu (hope the translation is correct: in italia it sounds "raccolte"):

Collections\Documents\Public documents\National Instruments\CVI\Samples\DAQmx

or

C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\CVI\samples\DAQmx

which is the same.

The example finder simply operates a filter on the samples located there, I suppose.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(5,046 Views)

Still using good old WinXP in virtual machines...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,041 Views)