From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load an instrument

Hi guys.

I want to load my Rigol DSA1030A but I'm having some troubles. Can you explain me what is the procedure?The ip address of the instrument that is: USB0::0x0400::0x09C4::DSA1A143200160::INSTR

but when I click on load instrument it asks me for a *.fp file that I don't know where to find. On the Rigol page I find the IVI drivers that is an installer.

Can you help me?thank thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,837 Views)

Some first steps with useful links can be found here

The driver is found here

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,835 Views)

Hi I have read already this page but without succes.

in particular I'm stucked here:

You can find instrument drivers for more than 5,000 instruments on the Instrument Driver Network. Look here to find an instrument driver for your particular instrument. If you find one, follow the procedure below to load it into CVI

In the IVI driver I don't find anything to load the driver on CVI since are all *.MNU file

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,832 Views)

If the company claims it's an IVI driver for LabWindows (http://www.rigol.com/support/ivi/more.html) and it turns out it's not I would ask Rigol how to use their driver... Maybe they confused LabWindows with LabVIEW, who knows. At least their driver contains a VI...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,825 Views)

yep I saw that there is a VI and in fact I'm sure that with labview it works since I have configured it with MAX...so there is no way to configure it with CVI?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,822 Views)