LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Panels with simple filenames?

I tried loading UIR files from a different directory then where my project file exists. I get the can't find UIR file error message. I can solve the problem by using the full pathname of the UIR file but from my understanding of the manual I should be able to use simple filenames as long as they are in included in the project file list even though the UIR files exist in a different directory. What am I missing ???
I am running CVI 5.5 on a Windows 2000 system. Thanks for any help on this problem!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,577 Views)
It is allowable to save a uir file outisde the directory of your project file, and you do not need to use the full pathname of the .uir file in the LoadPanel function.

When you add your .uir file to your project (in the project window: edit -> add files to project) you are specifying where the file exists. Make sure you have not moved your .uir after having added it to the project (in the project window: view -> show full pathnames). Perhaps the pathname shown does not match the actual location of your file.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,577 Views)