From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Library for array manipulation

Hi,

I have been looking for a library which can be used for array manipulation in Labwindows cvi or C. For example , Labview has many array functions such as

• Replace array subset
  • Split array
  • delete from array
  • reverse array 
  • sort array etc..

I'm relatively new to CVI and I haven't found any thing like that in Labwindows cvi. Are there any libraries available for these type of operations, so that a programmer need not create a separate function for each of these in the source code file, instead simply include the header file of an appropriate library for array manipulation.

If someone has already compiled a library or has any third party libraries please share those

Best Regards

Deepu Jacob.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting For the inner calling 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,380 Views)

CVI already comes with a set of functions for 1D or 2D array operations: depending on the CVI version you have purchased, you can find them in the Analysis Library (CVI Base version) or in the Advanced Analysis Library (CVI Full version).

I suggest you look at that library that may solve all of your problems.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

Hello Roberto,

Thanks. I missed those while searching in CVI. i see some handlful functions in the library you just pointed. However please share if there are any 'non-cvi' libraries also.

Thanks again

Deepu Jacob 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting For the inner calling 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,367 Views)

There may be several libraries in the C world but I was always confortable with the built-in analysis library.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,361 Views)

Math library is a critical component so your source needs to be trustworthy and the code should be tested a little.

I do not know the depth of testing NI performs on those libraries but at least having a somewhat large user base helps finding bugs and problems quicker.

S. Eren BALCI
IMESTEK
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,342 Views)

You didn't specify the type of the data you need sorted. the 1D and 2D functions of the CVI libraries deal only with double. If you need generic C types or even your own typedef, there are many C libraries that can do that. Look in github... Note that for a certain level of complexity (if you keep inserting / removing elements in the middle of the array), it's probably better to use linked lists, which you can then convert to arrays.

Note also that for raw speed array manipulation, you should look at CUDA (computation done on the graphic card instead of the CPU).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,330 Views)