LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabWindows/CVI SQL Toolkit for ACCESS 2000

Currently I am using LabWindows/CVI SQL Toolkit 2.0.4.
In my understanding, it is only compatible with MS ACCESS 97, but not with later versions such as MS ACCESS 2000 or MS ACCESS XP. Am I right? If so, is there anyway I can move to ACCESS 2000 or ACCESS XP?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,216 Views)
Hello skim2,

According to the LabWindows/CVI SQL Toolkit Reference Manual, the toolkit �works with any database driver that complies with Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)� (1-1).

According to Microsoft�s Access 2003 Product Overview, Access 2002 Developer Product Guide, and Access 2000 Product Enhancements Guide, all of these versions are ODBC compliant, and should therefore be supported by the SQL Toolkit.

If none of these
suggestions help, or if I�m not correctly understanding your issue, please post the software and versions you are using, the applicable portions of your code, and any other information that may help, and I�ll be happy to look further into it.

Have a nice day!

Robert M
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,216 Views)
Hellow

I am working with sql toolkit 2.05 & access 2000 and all is OK.further more my application is also multy user where the actual DB files are located in a server

Gabel Daniel
chaban@netvision.net.il
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,216 Views)
Good to know. I had encountered a few troubles accessing database after having been changed by ACCESS 2000. I had to go back to database generated by ACCESS 97. Thus I asked NI technical team with this question a couple times. The answer was they have no plan to support it. Can NI test it further? And I don't know why NI has no such a plan, while NI charges for runtime engine distribution license fee. I will try it again. Thx.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,216 Views)