LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabWindows Application stops working on Windows 7

Hi,

I have an issue with an application installed by a distribution kit created with LabWindows/CVI 2012.  This application installs and runs fine on an XP machine, but seems to have completely stopped responding on my Windows 7 PC.  When I click the icon to start the app it does nothing.  It never even opens.

I have tried uninstalling the application along with the runtime engine and reinstalling the application but this does not seem to fix the problem.  At one point I was receiving the following error intermittently when trying to start the application:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018).  Click OK to close the application."

I have an older version of the application built by LabWindows/CVI 9.0 that installs and runs fine on Windows 7.

Let me know if you can help!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,466 Views)

Is your run-time engine updated?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,444 Views)

LabWindows/CVI Run-Time Engine are not forwards-compatible, so you cannot use the LabWindows/CVI 9 Run-Time Engine with a LabWindows/CVI 2012 application.

Here is the download for the LabWindows/CVI 2012 Run-Time Engine

Also, does the application use any NI hardware? You'll need the driver software to use hardware.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,437 Views)

Thanks for the responses! I have the 2012 run-time engine installed.

After some debugging this morning we found that the application runs on Windows 7 if we build it as a 64 bit app but not as a 32 bit app.  After further digging, we found the root cause to be an array that's size was too large for 32 bit.

I'm still not sure why it worked the first day it was installed, and then decided to crash the second day.  The same thing happened on another PC.  Or why it runs without problem on an XP machine.

It would be nice if this was caught at compile time when building as 32 bit!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,429 Views)