From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumbled Arabic Text Display

I’m working on a project that requires Arabic display of text strings.  We sent all our text strings to an Arabic translation house, and they have just returned the translated strings in an MS Excel spreadsheet.  But when I cut-and-paste (or read programmatically) the Arabic strings from the Excel spreadsheet into a LabWindows text box (formatted for Arabic text), the resultant text is jumbled.  It’s all there, but it’s in a different order than it appears in the Excel spreadsheet cells.

All our text strings contain Arabic, but many also contain embedded English (numbers, American addresses, American names, etc.).  The Arabic is supposed to read from right to left, but the embedded English is supposed to read from left to right (in the same string).  I wonder if mixed language within the same strings are causing problems.

We’ve found that under certain conditions (cut-and-paste being one), Microsoft embeds “directional characters” in the mixed language strings.  But we get the same jumbled text whether we cut-and-paste the text into LabWindows, or read it programmatically from the Excel file.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,038 Views)

Hi MadHacker,

I believe you may not have installed support for the language you are looking for on your computer. Take a look at this KnowledgeBase Article.

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,010 Views)