LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a quick way to modifying a READ-ONLY file in CVI ?

When I am working with a configuration controlled (via Visual Source Safe, or such), I always forget to change the READ-ONLY attribute. Then when I open the file under LabWindows/CVI, and try modifying the file, it wont let me do so, unless I get out of CVI, change the attribute, then re-open the file again.
- in Visual Studio, if the file is READ-ONLY, I can change the attribute (in a DOS window), and continue modifying the file as I need to. The IDE doesn't prevent me from doing so.

Is this feature being incorporated in version CVI IDE 7.0?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,927 Views)
In CVI 6, if you want to change a Read-Only workspace or project file, probably the easiest thing to do is to exit CVI, change the Read-Only attribute, and re-start CVI. But if you want to change a source file, you don't need to exit CVI: you just need to close the source code window for the file and re-open it.
If you're already in CVI, close the source code window for the file you want to edit.
Change the Read-Only attribute using Windows Explorer (right-click on the file and goto Properties, then look for the Read-Only checkbox) or using the DOS attrib -r command.
Reopen the source file in CVI.
Message 2 of 2
(2,927 Views)