LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to incorporate MSDN library in LABWINDOWS?

Hi,

I want to Integrate my LABWINDOWS application with an other Windows application in which MSDN library functions are used.

Is it possible to incorporate MSDN library in LABWINDOWS?

I want to use the MSDN library communication functions in LABWINDOWS.

Does LABWINDOWS supports adding of External libraries?

Regards

Surya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,904 Views)

Yes, it is possible to include external libraries. You will need to include the corresponding h file in your code, something like

#include "my_library.h"

For more detailed information, there is a chapter called 'Setting Up Include Paths for LabWindows/CVI' in the help.

Wolfgang

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,899 Views)

hello Surya - 

Check out this help document listing the available Win32 library functions depending upon your version of LabWindows/CVI.  If the library functions are not in the standard libs LabWindows/CVI links against, you may need to add the necessary lib to your project.

Let us know if you have any more questions - 

NickB

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,887 Views)

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for the reply and giving necessary info.

Regards

Suresh

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,864 Views)

Hi Nick,

Thanks for giving enough details.

Iam using LABWINDOWS CVI 9.0.1(Base version).

If I want to use WIN API functions which are not supported in Base version,do I need to upgrade LABWINDOWS to full version (or )Is there any option to get the the corresponding LIbrary files and incorporate in LABWINDOWS base version?

Regards

Suresh

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,859 Views)

Hey Suresh - 

If you want to statically link against the Win32 API and use functions not present in the base version, you will need to upgrade.  Although it would be more difficult, you can also LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress any Win32 API function you want with the base version, although that puts the burden on you to define prototypes, structures, etc.

NickB

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,837 Views)

Hi All,

I'm trying to use some functions of the 'SetupAPI' of windows. (Option 5 in the followinf link)

http://ofekshilon.com/2011/11/13/reading-monitor-physical-dimensions-or-getting-the-edid-the-right-w...

The first lines of code have  these two statements:

#include <atlstr.h>
#include <SetupApi.h>

But none of these are found by the compiler. I have read some documentetation (Im very new on the windows SDK), and after looking at help inside Landwindows 9, specifically:

Programmer Reference»Compiler/Linker Issues»Calling Interface to Win32 API Functions in LabWindows/CVItopic of the LabWindows/CVI Help.

I dont see none of the files that I need to include.

Before, I had used windows sdk functions by inclding windows.h, and worked (I did that almost by chance).

Win32 API is installed in my distribution.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,415 Views)

Hello sincrono, I have answered you here in the originating discussion. It is better not to spread a single question over multiple threads: since both these discussions are quite dated (and one of them already solved), it would even better to start a new thread instead, optionally linking to original discussions in the post body.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(3,404 Views)