LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to generate pulses on a ctr out and simultaneously read them on another ctr input using one NI PCI-6601?

Hi,

I am trying to output a pulse train on ctr0 OUT and I want to receive them on CTR1 SOURCE of the same NI PCI-6601 card, but no use! 😞

The pulses are generated OK, but the acquisition fails within timeout (10 sec.). The generated signal has 1 Hz frequency and 20usec high time. I've studyed the NI examples for this.

Can anyone help me, please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,756 Views)

Hello,

Maybe you should post your code for us to see what could be wrong ?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,736 Views)

Hi Julien,

I can post the code, but actually, it worked! I was making a loop between CTR0 OUT and CTR1 SOURCE and it didn't work. I made a loop CTR0 OUT <-> CTR1 GATE and it worked like a charm! As far as I read in the NI PCI-660x manual, I cand loop to either SOURCE or GATE pins and the pulses' acquisition should work anyway.... Maybe I am wrong. Can you explain me why it didn't work on the SOURCE pin?

Thank you very much for your tine!

Regards,

Marles

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,732 Views)

Sorry but that's not clear for me. If anybody else has any idea ? ^^

Maybe you were using CTR1 SOURCE...despite a wire between CTR0 OUT and CTR1 GATE ???

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,730 Views)

Yes, you are right. I was using a wire between CTR0 OUT and CTR1 SOURCE, and a wire for DGND (but this is not mandatory). This configuration didn't work. Only when I moved the wire between CTR0 OUT and CTR1 GATE it worked.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,728 Views)