LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Control ID

I have sent my UIR to NI, and NI explains me that some objects are corrupted. NI suggests me to find this corrupted object, which is a not an easy task to find, as there is no definition of a corrupted object and all the objects work fine for me. I deleted object by object in my UIR, until finding a situation S1 where the  image loading works fine. In this situation S1, if I add a graph or add a TAB, and if I try to load an image, the error occurs. Meaing that in the sitauion  (S1+(graph on the TAB or adding a TAB)) the error occurs.

Still I have the same error.

I do not know if I did something wrong on handling the UIR. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(2,313 Views)

If you can attach your .uir here, or upload it to ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming, and if I can reproduce your error, I'll try to give you an answer.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(2,297 Views)

Dear LuisG,

Please you find attached the UIR test which reporduces the error "INVALID CONTROL ID".

In the current state of the UIR, if we try to load an image on a TAB or on a canvas, there will not an error, meaning that the current UIR is safe. However, when we insert a graph on the exisiting TAB, and if we try to load again an image on a TAB or on a canvas, the error occurs.

To return to the safe state of the UIR, the added graph which causes the error should be deleted, then close CVI and finaly open again the UIR.

Could you please tell me if you reporoduce the same error?

Best regards,

--

Hapiest

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(2,280 Views)

I could see the problem by adding a graph to TAB0. Tested both in CVI2013SP1 and 2012SP1.

What's interesting to me is that you need to close CVI to recover from the problem: simply discarding the UIR file and reloading it does not clears the problem.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(2,277 Views)

I was also able to reproduce the problem and confimed that it was a bug in CVI, one that has been there since CVI 9.0.

It turns out that someone had already filed a bug report for this (524196), probably as a result of your support call. I'm sorry that it wasn't made clear to you that this was a bug in CVI, and not a case of a corrupted .uir file. There was nothing corrupt about your .uir file, and you would have not been able to find any "problem" control on your own.

This bug is only exposed when the .uir reaches a particular critical number of tab panels and controls. This is why, in the state where the .uir is (it's very close to this threshold), adding a couple of graphs, or some other controls results in the error.

This bug fix will be included in a new version of CVI that will be released soon. Unfortunately, there's no good workaround until then, other than maybe moving off some of the controls or tab panels to another temporary .uir whenever you need to pick a new image, and then restoring those controls when you're done.

Sorry about this inconvenience.

Luis

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(2,254 Views)