LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Control ID

Hi,
I use Labwindows/CVI on w8.1 and an arror is occuring when I try to load an image on a Tab.
It was working for me before, but now, when I try to load an image for a TAB (see attached) with the edit Panel, an error occurs. The error says on a popup that is an Invalid Control ID (see attached). I do not know why I cannot load an image now, and before it works.

Could you please tell me how can I fix this issue?
Thank you so much for your help.
Best regards

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(5,119 Views)

Dear all,

I would like please to know if somone knows the issue and how can I resolve it?

Thank you for your precious answer.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(5,066 Views)

Hi Hapiest,

I have the same problem with the last release of CVI. This version of CVI is not the most accomplished I ever used.

I hope that someone could give us an answer on this problem but I'm not sure of that.

Best regards. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(5,018 Views)

Thank you for your replay.

It seems that if we delete some of the Tabs, and then we load, on the new created Tabs, the images, it will work. It iseems like some objects already insred on the Tab are corrupted, but I do not know which of them. All the objects insered for me on Tabs work fine. 

In any case, I deleted and load the image on the new created Tabs. I hope that this bug will be adresed soon by R&D team of NI labwindows. Or adress a function to check  which of the objects is corrupted. At his time, we cannot check if an obecjt is corrupted or not.

Thank you,

Best regards,

--

Hapiest

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(5,003 Views)

I have had occasionally similar problems but related to table controls: past some level of complexity of the UIR something goes wrong and when trying to modify some table element I get the error and loose unsaved modifications to the UIR file. I took the habit of saving frequently when I modify tables.

In your case some tests more can help delimiting the problem:

- Does the problem remain if you move the panel with the tab control to another UIR file?

- Does it remain if you use only a few tabs? (I don't know how many tabs are in your coontrol: I made the assuntion that this problem arises due to complexity of the panel / uir file)

- Does the problem survive if you save the file in text format and reload it?

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community
(5,001 Views)

To answer to your questions:

- Does the problem remain if you move the panel with the tab control to another UIR file?

Yes. I tryed to create a new Panel and copy tthe content of the old PANEL on the new one, and It still does not work.

- Does it remain if you use only a few tabs? (I don't know how many tabs are in your coontrol: I made the assuntion that this problem arises due to complexity of the panel / uir file)

No. I have 7 Tabs, and when I delete the 3 last Tabs, It will work (image can be load). When I delete the last the 3 last Tabs, and replace these 3 Tabs by 3 new ones, loading image is ok too. But When I copy the content of the last 3 tabs on the new 3 created  tabs, the arror remains.

- Does the problem survive if you save the file in text format and reload it?

I did not try to save the ".url" as ".txt". I do not know if this has a sense to save it as a .txt file.

Best regards

--

Hapiest

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,997 Views)

Regarding the first question, I was not intending to create a new panel in the same UIR file, instead I wanted to create a new UIR file and copy the problematica panel (and that only) into it.

Regarding the last question, "save in text format" is an option in Options menu in the UIR editor: Options >> Save in text format. It produces a .TUI file that resembles a .INI file. If something has gone wrong inside the UIR file, most of the times passing to .TUI format and back to .UIR solves the problem. If on the contrary the problem derives from some problem in how tha user interface file is handled, it will remain even after the conversion.

(4,984 Views)

I have made again the test that you suggest me to do, and I have still the same error for both of the test.

For the second test, thank you for the information, I did not know about this saving option. I have tried it but still have the same error of loading an image.

I think about some object(s) are corrupted in the Tab, but I do not know which of them, as all the objects work fine.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,979 Views)

Dear,

I still have the same probleme and I think that, as you said RobertoBozzolo , there are many tabs (7 tabs for me) and many objects(graphs) on the tabs. Maybe Labwindows feels in complex situation whith such a number of Tabs and objects and It gives this error?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(4,931 Views)

Hello,

not being part of NI I cannot argue about it; I have the general feeling that a panel too complex can sometime be problematic but I have no definitive elements in favour of this.

Can you contact directly NI support and send them your UIR file for them to test?

(4,928 Views)