LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation stops when upgrading NI-DAQmx drivers

Hello,

I am deploying a CVi  application since a couple of years under various CVI versions. Usually, going to a higher CVI version is rather seamless. 

I switched from CVI2009 to CVI2012 recently. I created a new distribution kit with CVI2012.

When I run that kit over an existing installation created with CVI2009, this message pops up.

Popup.JPG

The DAQmx drivers on the previous installation (CVI2009) are:

MAX1.JPG

with the CVI2012 version, it looks like this:

MAX2.jpg

Since there's a rather large number of installations out there, I don't want to force my customers to manually uninstall the NI-DAQmx drivers, and then run my installation again.

So I guess my question is, - what can I do to avodi this?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,721 Views)

Hello Greg,

Prior to 9.0, the driver was always Full version, and it created a large installer that prevented applications that use DAQmx from creating run-times. From DAQmx 9.0, the driver was restructured to three distributions:

• Core: Just DAQmx Runtime
  • Configuration: (With MAX and Runtime)
  • Full

Probably, the message showed up because you only included the Core distribution. Could you try to add the Configuration as well?

Regards,

Carmen C.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,672 Views)

Hello Carmen,

thanks for your reply. I added the "NI-DAQmx MAX Configuration Support" to the installer. However, the same message comes up during the installation.

I then also added the third one, the "NI-DAQmx Application Development Support" and tried it again.

And this configuration works well. The installer runs through and updates NI-DAQmx without problems.

However, my distribution has now grown from 600MB to 1.6GB !!!

This is quite a lot, since we also offer the distribution through download.

So if there are other ideas that avoid the additional Gigabyte, they are most welcome.

Thanks again,

Greg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,653 Views)