LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation package from dist kit error: This installation package could not be opened by windows

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi-

Can you please assist me with this error.  I have created a dist kit which installs correctly on my PC that has the development environment installed (CVI2012), but fails install on new PC running Win7 (no dev environment installed).  The error message is below.  Is sometimes will go through the whole installation but never installs it on the PC. Sometimes is will error out right away as in pic below.  Can you help?  I don't know if this is a Windows problem or an NI problem. 

Thanks-

Blue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,701 Views)

This error also occurs if the install package cannot be accessed properly (network connection, scratched disk, etc.) You could try copying the files directly to the computer to run the install or a new disc if it is scratched).

See example of this issue below for installing LabVIEW from DVD:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/27BD42F4FDCBD4E7862576DD0057ADA5?OpenDocument

This might help eliminate issues other than the actual installer having an error.

- FCTesting
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,694 Views)

This happens when I install a distribuiton kit I have made- Not when I install the development environment. Sorry for the confusion on that.  I am copying over the distribution kit folder onto the new pc and running from there. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,689 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blue

Hi- Just an update on the fix.  I had added an executable file (.exe) as the icon file!  I didn't realize I mistakenly grabbed the project executable (which had the icon) instead of the actual icon file!  Once I remedied this issue, the install worked fine.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,648 Views)