LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI driver for LXI devices

HI,

My scope of work is to develop an IVI driver using LabWindows/CVI. this is the fist time i am using LabWindows,so i went throught some forums regarding the geting started in LabWindows.

I had used the IVI driver wizard to create a driver for a DMM, once that wizard completed an auto generated code of .fp,.c,.h appears. i have some doubt in this:

1) is it an executable code?, ie do i need to change any code or directly i can use it to build the DLL.

2)do the auto generated IVI driver support HISlip?

3)I need some clarification on IVILXISync, is it available or do i need code it to the IVI driver?

Please help me with this.

Thanks,

Vignesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,993 Views)

1. Yes, this builds to a dll plus they have an installer option also

2. The IVI driver doesn't support HiSLIP. VISA supports HiSLIP and from the IVI driver just make sure you use VISA calls to talk to the instrument.

3. Sorry I don't know the answer to this one. I would hope it does!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,961 Views)

Thank you cymrieg.

regarding visa, i can see visa function from its library, the question is how do i call it inside the IVI template driver created by LabWindows? i checked with NI they said like the IVI driver is developed above visa so we dont need to worry, is it so?

on Error handling, in the template given by the Labwindows i dont see any kind of error function as specifed in the IVI rule?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,948 Views)

If you run the IVI specific driver wizard in CVI look at the _init and _reset methods. In the init you see it doing a viOpen and in the _reset it is doing a viPrintf. These are calls to VISA.

To get a HiSLIP connection it all depends on the resource string passed in to the viOpen call.

Sorry, I am not sure what you are refering to about the error handling question

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,940 Views)