LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx Library

After installing Labwindows/CVI, the NI-IMAQ library is available but not the NI-IMAQdx library, which I have been using with Labview 8.5.   How can I configure CVI to recognize it?
Thanks for the help,
Doug

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,584 Views)
Dear Doug,

If the IMAQdx driver is working correctly in LabVIEW, but the NI-IMAQdx library doesn't show up in LabWindows/CVI, it sounds like support for LabWindows/CVI was not selected during the install of the IMAQdx driver from the Vision Acquisition Software installer. If this is the case, you should also be missing the help documentation for LabWindows/CVI under

National Instruments»Vision»Documentation.

From the Add or Remove Programs list, select the IMAQdx driver, and choose the modify option. Once the installer initializes, you should be able to check the features to install. Under IMAQdx, make sure that you have LabWindows/CVI Support selected for installation.

If the above doesn't work, then we'll have to troubleshoot further. Let me know!

Best Regards,

~Nate

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,569 Views)

Hi Nate,

Your suggestion solved the problem finding the IMAQdx library.  I am taking the machine vision application we previously discussed and trying to use it in Labwindows/CVI. 

Thanks again,

Doug Dunlap

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,552 Views)

I'm having this problem as well;  I downloaded and installed both the Vision Acquisition module 2010 and Vision Development module 2010 SP1 for my Labview Professional 2010 SP1, but the IMAQdx pallete does not show up, and programs that used the IMAQdx Grab.vi can not load that vi and other IMAQdx vi's.  I tried your method above by going into the add/remove programs and adding the feature(you're right, it previously was not installed, there was an x next to the option) and installed it, but still, I can't find the IMAQdx pallette and the programs still cannot find them either.   I do see an IMAQdx folder in my NI directory though, with a niimaqdx.lib file.  Are there other files I still need?  I'm lost as to what to do, please help!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,051 Views)

Hi JWmit.

Could you solve the issue with the IMAQdx Library already?

I'm facing the same problem right now, and I will appreciate your comment on how you solved it.

Thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,544 Views)

Hi Pelesho,

You may have better luck posting a new topic so that you may get more visibility on your question. This post is 5 years old now so there is a small chance that someone will see your post. Check out point three of the NI Discussion Forums User Guidelines for more info.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,526 Views)

I have selected LabWindows/CVI Support during installation but IMAQdx library is not visible.

Please suggest the solution.

Thank you.

Jasraj Rajpurohit
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,689 Views)

Hello jasrajrajpurohit,

Do you happen to have screenshots of the installation window itself? Can you post the exact options you have selected and display them here for the group? 

Also can you open your start menu, navigate to the National Instruments folder and find "Vision Documentation". If this exists then we have the vision software installed, but if not that means the installation didn't complete properly. 

Please post this info back and we will be happy to help further!

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,666 Views)