LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to control Votsch chamber(VT 4002)

I want to control Votsch chamber(VT 4002) using CVI but I couldn't communication through RS232. Do you have any example code ?? thank you
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,313 Views)
Hello

I would suggest getting intouch with the manufacturers to see if they have an instrument driver for this. Usually the instrument driver would also some with some examples on how to use the device as well.

Thanks

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,313 Views)
Did you succeed? I am also trying to drive a Votsch 4002 with CVI. If you solved the problem, please help. A code snip would do.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,760 Views)

Kevin:

Keep in mind that this post is 6 years old, and that it is the only post that the original author ever made.  So you may not get any response from him.

CVI ships with RS232 sample programs that can help you get started.

Do you have the operating manual or programming manual for the chamber?

It looks like this company has manuals and a LabView driver for sale.

http://www.beatronic.com/CUSTPass_word_list.htm

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,753 Views)

Unfortunately the manufacturer Votsch uses many different protocol standards and controllers for the VT 4002.  It is often difficult for a controller to identify the required protocol.  Even ovens purchased within a few months of each other cannot be controlled by the same driver/VI.  Before you purchase a driver you need to be sure that it will work with your chamber.  In the past I have provided Votsch with the device serial number an even they have been unable to provide the necessary information to enable the chamber to be automated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,498 Views)