LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I recently upgraded to CVI 2013. In previous versions compile errors would automatically highlight in the source code. Now I have to click the error in the build box, often having to scroll to the top first. How do I make this automatic?

I recently upgraded to CVI 2013. In previous versions, compile errors would automatically highlight in the source code. Now I have to click the error in the build box, often having to scroll to the top first. How do I make this automatic? Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
(3,663 Views)

This is certainly something that could (should) be considered by NI for re-implementation.

In the mean time, you can use F4 to go to the next error, and this menu command highlights the error as we were used to. This is not automatic but seems more convenient than your approach.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,651 Views)

This 'feature' was intentionally removed. The reason for this is that the 2013 build process is now asynchronous and you can be viewing other code or uirs while building and it would be intrusive for us to suddenly switch the current window/source position for you. It was fine for 2012 to do this because you couldn't have been doing anything since CVI was locked out during the build.

Michael

NI

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,570 Views)