LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to save up to 16 channels of data over range of .5 to 5000 S/sec.

I am currently trying to read and save 8(could eventually be as high as 16)channels of data using LabWindows. I need to read and save this data to a text file over a range of sampling rates from roughly 0.5 to 5000+ Samp/sec. I also need to include the time stamp for each data point that is saved. What is the best way to go about this?

I am a new user to LabWindows, but have used LabView in the past. I am using an SCB-68 multifunction DAQ with a PCI-6036E card with Windows 2000 using Labwindows/CVI version 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,677 Views)
Are you familiar creating virtual channels in MAX? If 16 channels is your limit, I think virtual channels would be good for what you want to do. You can use the EasyI/O functions (CVI/LabWindows) to acquire the data from your virtual channels. Assuming that you will use a software timer for you acquisition function, you might create a variable equal to the time interval of your software timer. Create another variable to increment itself + the time interval variable.
t_stamp += interval;
You can write your time stamp data to disk with each clock cycle along with your AI data.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,677 Views)
Thank you for your input. I am not familiar with virtual channels is MAX, but I will look into it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,677 Views)