LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need converter a .bin file to .wav files,

I need converter a .bin file to .wav files, I'm using Labwindows/cvi for adquire Data. This binary file have data received from DAQCard-AI-16E-4, but now I need listening it, or recorder a .wav files directly. I'm sampling three channels and send data to disk specificaly a .bin file current .
The .bin file is without format of audio o any known.
Somebody can help me ? How does make it ?
Answer is spanish if is possible my inglish isn't good.
Email ddmso6@armada.cl
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(12,826 Views)
For a file to be a wave file it needs a specific header format and data structure as defined by microsoft. The following is a very good resource describing the WAV file format: http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/CCRMA/Courses/422:1998/projects/WaveFormat/

Read this document carefully and it will tell you everything you need to know about formating your anolog input into a WAV file.

Good Luck
Amaury R.
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(12,826 Views)
Here is an updated link to the wave file format...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(12,209 Views)

what should i do? if I want to do the reverse? just from .wav to .txt ???

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(10,313 Views)

Theoretically, you could write the raw data to a text file. But you should skip any specific information (like the header), to be accurate.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(10,304 Views)

@estrella wrote:
I need converter a .bin file to .wav files, I'm using Labwindows/cvi for adquire Data. This binary file have data received from DAQCard-AI-16E-4, but now I need listening it, or recorder a .wav files directly. I'm sampling three channels and send data to disk specificaly a .bin file current .
The .bin file is without format of audio o any known.
Somebody can help me ? How does make it ?
Answer is spanish if is possible my inglish isn't good.
Email ddmso6@armada.cl

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(8,116 Views)