LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am using LabWindows/CVI 4.0.1 for Windows 2000 to interface with a PCI-6052E A/D board. I was wondering how you can offset data on a graph inside the program? (more detail inside)

I am using double buffered data acquisition to acquire 50 points/second (50 Hz) and display the points on a graph, which is to be updated continuously. What I am required to make the graph do is have the program run for 2 hours, and then offset the data on the y - axis to start another line after the 2 hours. So basically, it will plot the graph for 2 hours, and then start back at the beginning and begin to plot the next 2 hours underneath the first 2 hours of data while still keeping the former 2 hours displayed on the graph, so each line represent 2 hours of data. I will th
en display 12 lines of graphs, for a total of 1 day of information when all is said and done. However, I have not been able to find a away to do offset the data like this, or find any similar question on here. If anyone can provide information on how to do this, it would be much appreciated. I have posted the files I am using for this (the code is not completely done, but it is functional and does a basic form of what I wish to do.) I have confidence I will be able to set up if statements to check and see when 2 hours is up, but the offsetting of the data and starting back at the beginning with the next line is where I am having trouble. Thanks again.

Bill
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,416 Views)
You can't do what you are wanting on a single chart. What you should do is have a graph and a chart. Chart the data coming in and store it in an array, then when you reach 2 hours of data plot the array to another graph control and clear the chart and start over. I attached the code from a program that does what I'm talking about. I couldn't include a project since you are using CVI 4.0.1 and I'm using 6.0.

Best Regards,

Chris Matthews
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,416 Views)