LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer a value from Sequence Display Window to Execution Display Window in the TestStand Operator Interface/Lab Window CVI?

Hello All,

I am modified the TestStand Operator Interface/Lab Window CVI. I want to transfer a value from the Sequence Display Window to the Execution Display Window. In both of Sequence Display Window and Execution Display Window, I have to do multiple sequence selection. The part of my project is show in the attached file. By now I can save the "product name", "part number" and "operation" into the struct seqFileRec in the tetypes.h file so that the three values can show in the Sequence Display Window. The three values are different according to the different sequence file name if you click sequence file ring to switch the three seq
uence files. But I want to transfer the three variables to the Execution Display Window like the last three pictures in the attached file. I want to know how to do it? Thanks.

Regards,
Zhonghui Ning
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,786 Views)
Hello Ning -

The only thing I could suggest at this point would be, if you already have the value on one of the two CVI pannels, you should be able to simply do a SetCtrlVal using the Other pannelID to talk to the other window, however the semantics of whether you want to hardware the pannelID, or some how programmatically detect the pannel ID is something that I can't advise how to approach as that would be part of your final design implementation. There is also a question of 'when' to do it as items on the sequence display can be populated long before the execution display is opened, so a pannelID may not exist at the time you want to copy the data. If this is the case, when you are initializing your execution display you may just want to poll the sequence
display for it's values via GetCtrlVal.

--Regards

Elaine R.
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,786 Views)
Hi,
a solution i have used is the "PostUIMessage TestStand ActiveX function", using the users codes (>= 10000).

In the "exedisp.c" source file, add a custom function like "UIMsgAddReportText" witch update the report panel ED_REPORT in the CVI Operator interface.
Customize the "UIMessageDeferredCallback" function in the "engine.c" source file to add a switch case
"case TS_UIMsg_UserMessageBase + 1:" witch calls the function "UIMsgAddReportText".

I hope this will help you.
Best regards
JMC
JMCe
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,786 Views)