From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize scan clock for PCI-6110 devices with LabWindows

i'm using tow PCI-6110 devices connected via RTSI and want to perform data acquisition from multiple channels synchronously on both boards.

question: how do i synchronize the scan clocks on both boards, using LabWindows/CVI?

my PROBLEM is that a noTransferinProgError of the slave device (upon DAQ_Check) occurs, and i suppose that the scan clocks are not synchronized properly -

or maybe the problem is something else??

details:
data acquisition is triggerd externally (voltage pulse into PFI0 of master device: "Select_Signal (iMaster, ND_IN_START_TRIGGER, ND_PFI_0, ND_LOW_TO_HIGH);"). the start trigger TRIG1 of the master device is routed to RTSI1: "Select_Signal (iMaster, ND_RTSI_1, ND_IN_STA
RT_TRIGGER, ND_LOW_TO_HIGH);" and is used by slave (set to external trigger): "Select_Signal (iSlave, ND_IN_START_TRIGGER, ND_RTSI_1, ND_LOW_TO_HIGH);". i tried to synchronize the scan clocks by "Select_Signal (iMaster, ND_RTSI_CLOCK, ND_BOARD_CLOCK, ND_DONT_CARE); Select_Signal (iSlave, ND_BOARD_CLOCK, ND_RTSI_CLOCK, ND_DONT_CARE);" but this didn't help.

merci,
kawi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,557 Views)
See the attached example. It does exactly what you need.

André
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,557 Views)