LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save data in new columns in Excel

Hi everyone,

I'm a french student, working on Labwindows/CVI during my internship. I have a problem with Excel. Indeed, i found a way to save data from a table in CVI, i copy it to Excel (Data provides from a spectrum analyser R&S). However, if i want to save several data (631 points), in the end, i have only 1 column in Excel with the last measurement.

I would like to save the data in a new column everytime but i don't know how to do. Do I have to create a loop? if its the answer, I don't know quite well how to do this.

If someone can help me,

Matthieu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,278 Views)

The Excel Report library may be useful to do this.  Add the file excelreport.fp to your project and use the library functions to create a new Excel application (ExcelRpt_ApplicationNew), workbook (ExcelRpt_WorkbookNew), and worksheet (ExcelRpt_WorksheetNew).  Then you can call ExcelRpt_WriteDataFromTableControl to copy the data from your CVI table to a cell range that you specify.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,255 Views)

Thank you for your answer, but i already did that. The problem is that I would like to copy the data several time in differents columns.

I found out a way, I add a column "A" at every loop so my data are saved in the A column, loop, new column and the other data are saved in the new "A" column.

I don't know if i explain well my problem, but if there is a better way to solve it...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,247 Views)