LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to minimize,maximize child panels in CVI

I would like to know if a "grandchild" panel in CVI can contain the frame of a top-level panel (with minimize, maximize and close buttons).
I have seen an example from "aperez" where it is shown how a child window (of a toplevel) can do that. However, when you maximize the child window it is shown as big as the toplevel window (so you can only see the title, but not the menubar or any other area of the toplevel window).
So, I'd like to know if it is possible to do the same with a grandchild window (that is, a child panel of the toplevel child panel).
I have tried but I couldn't.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,210 Views)
Hello

I believe you wont be able to maximize the child window, since this option only works for top level panels. You would probably need to use SetPanelAttribute to do that.

Hope this helps

Bilal Durrani
NI
Bilal Durrani
NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,210 Views)
Maite,

It is possible for a granchild panel to contain the frame of a top-level panel. I modified the previous example to contain a third panel inside the child panel. You'll notice that the grandchild panel is just a child panel with max/min/close buttons, but confined within the child panel's boundaries.

Let me know if this is not what you were trying to do.

Regards,
Azucena
Message 3 of 5
(3,210 Views)
Thank you very much, Azucena.
That is (more or less) what I was trying to do.
I have only needed to make some changes to get the "look & feel" I was looking for.
Your answer has been very helpful.

Regards,
Maite.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,210 Views)
You're very welcome!

Azucena
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,210 Views)