From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to force build release executable before running distribution kit in LabWindows/CVI?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm new in CVI 2015. I was using CVI 7 and when I choosed "Create Distribution Kit", when I was still in debug mode, Labwindows asked me to build the executable for release before creating the Distribution Kit. In CVI2015 this doesn't happen and the Distribution Kit is created with the last release executable built, even if I have done some modification in my code!! That's a problem since I work in debug mode and I usually forget to build the release executable before calling the distribution kit, so I need CVI to do it automatically as CVI 7 did. I guess there is an option to do this but I don't find it. Someone may please tell me how to solve this problem and force CVI to build the release exe before building the distribution kit? Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,561 Views)

I am sorry that I can not tell you how to solve the problem, all I can tell is that I have not experienced this behaviour: in such a case CVI shows a popup 'One or more projects need to be rebuilt before building the distribution. Do you want to build them now? yes / no / cancel.'

All I could suggest is to have a look at the Build / Distributions / Edit project settings and see if the 'Files' section looks ok.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,537 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ulivinico

Today I solved simply creating a new distribution. The previous one that I was unsing was automatically imported by CVI7 project. By creating a new distribution, now, when I change something, CVI ask me if I want to build the release. So I didn't understand the problem but I solved it by editing a new distribution kit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,526 Views)