LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access Chinese Language Characters into CVI GUI Localization Utility Local Language control, when the selection of language does not work.

I have an application created in 2008 using LabWindows/CVI GUI Localization Utility, on a Windows 7 OS Computer, to create the .lwl and .lwd files.

I need to translate the GUI from English to Chinese.

Following the "Create a Language Resource File" instructions, I've selected the Chinese (Simplified, PRC) language.

(I've also tried Simplified, Singapore and a number of other options)

The Local Language Controller does not translate the text to Chinese; English text is always displayed. 

The Chinese Character Set however is changed in any Word, Text or Spreadsheet documents.

I am not a programmer and new to the National Instruments environment and as such may be overlooking a step.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mari

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,545 Views)

Hello,

First, I would like to confirm, are you following this White Paper: Creating and Shipping a Localized Application Using LabWindows/CVI ?

Did you successfully complete Part 3 that creates a batch file for replacing non-localized run-time file dialog boxes with localized messages? I'm not sure if you've completed all the steps or if you have questions about a specific part in this paper.

Additionally, this KnowledgeBase article gives some steps for modifying the registry to change the default language for CVI: Using LabWindows™/CVI Localization Utility with Single/Multiple Byte Languages
Note: Create a backup file when modifying the registry, and use extreme caution when modifying the registry.

Taylor B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,499 Views)