LabWindows/CVI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I use an IVI-COM driver from LabWindows/CVI

I am trying to control an Agilent RF Signal Generator (E8257D) from LabWindows/CVI, without much success.  I am not sure what is required in terms of configuration to use an IVI-COM driver.  I believe that IVI-COM is not supported within the MAX so I have to use Agilent software.  Has anyone experience of using IVI-COM with LabWindows/CVI, or even better an example?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,854 Views)

If an IVI-C wrapper to the IVI-COM driver is provided by the driver vendor, it must be the short-cut for LabWindows/CVI environment.  To directly use IVI-COM without IVI-C wrapper, the following site will help.

http://www.vektrex.com/Products/Client%20Examples%20Overview.html

Message 2 of 4
(3,842 Views)
Pete,

The ideal situation would be to use an IVI-C driver in LabWindows/CVI. Unfortunately, we do not have one available for this instrument at the moment. Therefore your best option would be to generate a C wrapper for the IVI-COM driver using the LabWindows/CVI Active X wrapper generator tool.

I am not sure what you mean by 'IVI-COM is not supported within MAX'. MAX provides full editing capabilities for the IVI Configuration store, including the ProgID for IVI-COM software modules, allowing you to configure the system for using IVI-COM drivers.

Hope this helps,

ZH
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,781 Views)

Currently, if a user installs the IVI Compliance Package and ops to enable IVI-COM adapters, the user can utilize IVI-COM drivers in LabWindows/CVI via the adapter layer.

This means that users can invoke IVI-C class driver calls in CVI and pass in a Logical name which is configured to use an IVI-COM driver session.

However, only class defined attributes and functions are supported by adapters.

Regards,

Shawn S. | NIC
Instrument Driver/IVI PSE
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,907 Views)